Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Candy Cane Hershey's Kiss Cookies

I kind of came upon this recipe accidentally. I needed to buy some chocolate Hershey's kisses for another recipe. But I had a coupon for $1.10 off 2 and they were on sale so I had to buy 2 bags. I thought I would try the candy cane kisses and I am so glad I did! The recipe is actually on the back of the package and it is amazing! I used green and red sprinkles and nonpareils instead of colored sugar like they recommend but otherwise I followed the recipe. I think you could use any kind of sprinkle you like as long as they aren't too big. These cookies do not only taste good but are also very cute! I just love a cute yummy cookie!


Matias helped me put the kisses in place so sorry if they aren't perfectly centered kisses!
Candy Cane Hershey's Kiss Cookie

1 bag Hershey's Kisses brand Candy Cane Kisses
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons milk
Red and Green sprinkles or nonpareils

Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove wrappers from candies (approx. 35)

Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternatively with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls. (I measured my dough with a Tablespoon to make sure all of my cookies turned out the same size) Roll in red and/or green sprinkles or nonpareils. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8 - 1o minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Press candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Yields approximately 35 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment