Thursday, May 26, 2011

Edamame Garden Salad

I found this recipe about 2 years ago when Peter was gone to Korea ....or the Philippines ...or maybe Thailand... somewhere! When Peter is gone, I do not cook much. Mostly because when I have no one to enjoy the food I am preparing (besides myself) it just isn't as fun! So when I really want to cook, I usually invite someone over for dinner. And this particular time I invited Gina Higgins over! Gina lived on the same floor as us in the towers in Okinawa. Of course her husband was gone as well... so why not have dinner together? Anyway, this was just the side dish, but I must say that it took the show! I believe that Gina still uses this recipe to this day! (and so do I) It is an easy yet fresh and healthy recipe that I think you all will enjoy!


Edamame Garden Salad

3 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tbsp EVOO
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1 lime, juiced
1/2 tsp white sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 (1 pound) package frozen shelled edamame
1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained

In a medium serving bowl whisk together vinegar, EVOO, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, salt and garlic. Set aside. Bring a large pot of slightly salted water to a boil. Add the edamame and boil for 3 minutes. Add the corn and boil for 2 minutes. Drain very well and pour into the bowl with the dressing. Gently mix in cherry tomatoes, green onions and black beans. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving to chill and marinate the flavors. Serve as a side dish or you can serve it as a dip with tortilla chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment